Calories – To Lose or Not to Lose
Your grandma lovingly puts extra chocolate on your pancakes and insists that you eat it. Your sister, on the other hand, screams from the corner of the table, That’s too many calories!’ And you sit in a pretty confused state thinking, “To eat or not to eat?”
While too many calories is bad for health, you need to have a minimum amount to stay healthy. Still confused? Well, here is something about calories for you.
How Much Should You Eat?
Every day a woman needs to eat 2000 calories to maintain proper weight and at the same time, she needs to lose 1500 per day to shed one pound of weight per week. A man, on the other hand, should intake 2500 calories per day to maintain weight and he must lose 2000 for losing one pound of weight every week. However, the amount of intake and losing depends on factors like age, weight, height, level of activities, metabolism and so on.
How is Calorie Important for the Human Body?
- Your body needs energy and this comes from the calories extracted from food through the process of metabolism.
- The calories you eat give your body the required weight.
- Balanced intake of calories is important for staying healthy.
Eating less than 1,200 calories per day can send your body into the starvation mode and you must avoid it. Dizziness, weakness, fatigue, cold intolerance, constipation, inflammations are some of the side-effects of not eating the right calories.
How is it Harmful to the Human Body?
- Your body needs a certain amount of calories and if you eat more than that you will put on excess weight. This will decrease your energy level and you will feel lethargic.
- Too many calories increase the risk of diseases like diabetes, heart disease, joint pain, fatigue, obesity and so on.
You can of course eat a high-calorie food, but you should know where to draw the line. Contact us if you need further advice on your health and wellness.