Joints are essential to the human body’s ability to sit, stand, walk, run, and partake in virtually any physical activity. Unfortunately, joints are also often the source of chronic pain, as they undergo significant strain throughout the day.
If you’re suffering from persistent pain in the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, or any other joint in the body, rest assured: you’re not alone. In this article, we’ll explore joint pain and the many remedies available to treat it.
What Are The Most Common Types of Joint Pain?
Joint pain comes in many forms, the most common of which include:
- Osteoarthritis, the most prevalent form of arthritis, occurs when the cartilage that cushions the joints breaks down. This increases friction within the affected joints, typically leading to pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Joint injuries, like sprains, sprains, and broken bones, can lead to lasting pain in a joint, especially if they’re not promptly or properly treated.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition that triggers pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Bursitis is an overuse injury that develops when the bursae (tiny, fluid-filled sacs that cushion the tissue within joints) become inflamed.
- Tendinitis occurs when the tendons, which connect muscle to bone in a joint, become inflamed.
- Gout is a condition that appears when crystals made in the body accumulate in a joint, leading to pain and inflammation.
What to Do About Chronic Joint Pain
When joint pain doesn’t resolve within a few weeks with at-home remedies, it’s time to seek expert care. At Florida Wellness Medical Group, we offer a range of non-surgical treatments to help our patients overcome joint pain and return to their favorite activities. These treatments include:
To get started on your path to joint pain relief, schedule an appointment with our expert team today!